200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
March 6 - June 28, 2020
This 200 hour Vinyasa Flow Yoga teacher training is for anyone who would like to share and teach yoga or looking to expand and dig deeper into their personal practice.
Livin In Flow Yoga Teacher Training is very practical, inclusive and will guide you through a transformational and educational experience as you learn to teach yoga safely, confidently and authentically.
The Livin In Flow training is a Vinyasa flow based style. Vinyasa flow links breath with movement which creates a very dynamic, fluid and meditative practice. This style can be geared towards beginners, intermediate and advanced practitioners. You will learn how to teach to every level.
* 200 hour Certificate will be awarded on completion of all course requirements. This certificate is recognized by the Yoga Alliance® toward receiving your RYT200® Certification, a certification recognized world wide.
Hands On Training
This training is very hands-on and will provide you with the skills to meet the challenges of becoming a new teacher. Our intention is that you graduate ready to lead your first yoga class with excitement and confidence! You will also understand how to create a balanced yoga practice. We will spend time practice teaching with your peers and will learn the art of building a yoga sequence with intention.
Livin In Flow is when you’re fully immersed in the present moment, feel the most alive and connected to your true self and those around you. To be in a ‘flow’ state is to feel your best and perform your best because you love what you are doing. That feeling when you are literally in ‘the zone’. A flow state can be tapped into through so many avenues unique to every individual. In this training we will explore what Livin In Flow means and how you can take this into your yoga practice and classes, as well as off the mat and into your daily life.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training!
Throughout this training you will gain an understanding of yoga as a whole lifestyle and what living yoga truly means. You will deepen your physical practice, understand the history and philosophy of yoga, learn to embody what you teach, create your own teaching style to share authentically, understand the anatomy of the human body, learn to sequence safely and effectively, lead a class confidently and so much more!
This Yoga Alliance Accredited Curriculum includes:
Techniques and Training
- In depth study of postures and alignment
- Energetic and health benefits from each pose
- Learn the many pranayama (breath control) techniques
- Introduction to yin and restorative yoga
- The art of hands on adjustments
- The science of sequencing
- The use of props to improve or modify postures
- Verbal cues and languaging
- Develop your own teaching style
- Principles of demonstrating asanas
- How to effectively observe and read the bodies in front of you
- How to address the specific needs of individuals and special populations
- Learn how to create an inclusive environment for you students.
Anatomy and Physiology
- Learn basic anatomy of the skeletal, muscular and nervous systems and how these systems are benefited by yoga
- Explore the subtle body and learn about chakras and nadis
- Understand how anatomy/physiology applies to the yoga practice including the benefits, contraindications and healthy movement patterns.
- Yoga History, Lifestyle and Ethics
History of yoga
- The Yoga Sutras
- The 8 limbs of yoga
- Seva- selfless service
- Living yoga in the modern world
- The practice of self-inquiry and how to live this practice on and off the mat
- Professionalism and ethics, the student teacher relationship.
Practicum and Practice Teaching
- Practice embodying the ‘seat of the teacher’
- There will be plenty of practice teaching to build confidence as a teacher and cultivate your teaching voice
- Giving and receiving feedback from facilitators and peers
The Business of Yoga
- How and where to find a teaching job
- Preparing an audition for a yoga teaching position
- Marketing and branding yourself
- Using social media as a tool
- Finding your niche as a teacher
- Self care as a teacher
Livin In Flow Style
- Connect to your flow state
- Learn to teach yoga from a flow state and what excites you
- Living yoga
Body Positive Training
Presented by Shelby Lawson, this is a special six-hour workshop for fitness professionals and will qualify you as a Body Positive Coach, giving you the tools to make your classes, your gym, and your life more body positive. We will dive deep into the messages and experiences that have formed YOUR relationship with YOUR body, as well as concrete strategies to boost body image with your clients.
Livin In Flow yoga teacher training is inclusive and incorporates a body positive approach to teaching and sharing yoga. In the yoga community, it is very important to create a space for everyone to feel safe, seen, welcome and supported. The truth is that many people will never try yoga due to low self esteem and body image struggles and it is our goal to share yoga with everyBODY! It’s so common to compare ourselves to others in the room or to the teacher and many won’t even step into a group atmosphere due to the fear of not being "good enough". Throughout training you will learn the tools as a yoga instructor to creating an inclusive environment and body positive approach to your teaching.
Livin In Flow is when you’re fully immersed in the present moment, feel the most alive and connected to your true self and those around you.
March 6 - June 28, 2020
180 contact hours (onsite learning hours)
20 non-contact hours (offsite learning hours)
Friday, March 6, 5:30 - 8:30
Saturday, March 7, 11:00 - 7:00
Sunday, March 8, 11:00 - 7:00
Friday, March 20, 5:30 - 8:30
Saturday, March 21, 11:00 - 7:00
Sunday, March 22, 11:00 - 7:00
Friday, April 3, 5:30 - 8:30
Saturday, April 4, 11:00 - 7:00
Sunday, April 5, 11:00 - 7:00
Friday, April 17, 5:30 - 8:30
Saturday, April 18, 11:00 - 7:00
Sunday, April 19, 11:00 - 7:00
Friday, May 8, 5:30 - 8:30
Saturday, May 9, 11:00 - 7:00
OFF for Mothers Day
Friday, May 15, 5:30 - 8:30
Saturday, May 16, 11:00 - 7:00
Sunday, May 17, 11:00 - 7:00
Friday, May 22, 5:30 - 8:30
Saturday, May 23, 11:00 - 7:00
Sunday, May 24, 11:00 - 7:00
Friday, June 5, 5:30 - 8:30
Saturday, June 6, 11:00 - 7:00
Sunday, June 7, 11:00 - 7:00
Friday, June 19, 5:30 - 8:30
Saturday, June 20, 11:00 - 7:00
OFF for Fathers Day
Friday, June 26, 5:30 - 8:30
Saturday, June 27, 11:00 - 7:00
Sunday, June 28, 11:00 - 7:00
Teacher Training will be held at:
Kula Yoga Studio
12240 N 51 Ave
Glendale, AZ 85304
It is highly recommended that all applicants have a minimum of six months of a consistent yoga practice before training begins.
100% attendance and participation in this training is required. If there is a scheduling conflict prior to training or something comes up, please notify Taylor as soon as possible. Make up hours will be arranged case by case.
- $500 non-refundable deposit to secure spot (included as part of the total cost)
- $2,585 Early bird rate paid in full by December 6, 2020* **
- $2,785 after December 6, 2020* **
- Remaining balance due by February 21, 2020 (two weeks prior to training begins)
*Price includes training manual.
**Additional expense for required reading books
Please contact Taylor with any questions
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training!
(There are limited spots available in this training, so please register as soon as possible)
Can't make this training, but don't want to miss out on future opportunities? Please add your name to my list and I promise to keep you posted on future 200 hr yoga teacher trainings and training workshops for continuing education.